The Art of Play: History

 



My entire healing from the inside out was built on a practice of creative play. In fact, what turned out as an intention to live more creatively and to make my hobby an actual everyday practice turned into an actual style that people fell in love with and wanted, as well as a business. 


Creative play is such an important part of our lives that is too often overlooked. In a generation of technology and busy-ness, how often do we really sit down and just allow ourselves to escape into the fun of playing with paints, paste or paper? 

(or with anything, really, because in creativity anything goes!)

When I realized just how crucial the practice of play had been for me - when I realized how much healing was happening of parts known and unknown - I knew there was purpose in it. I had to share it with others.

My depression and anxiety had decreased tremendously, my blood pressure was back to normal, solving problems was a welcome opportunity (and one I was better at!) and no longer another anxiety-producing thing. I found myself more joyful, and above all - I found myself so much more inspired to create more.

I was no longer concerned with ridiculous perfectionist standards, but enjoyed being mindful in process.

Comparing myself to others and what things should be just became what they were and are and will be and I was able to be in love with just that. 

I learned techniques and new ways of doing things.

I connected with God and my spirituality in a far deeper way than I had ever experienced before by allowing myself to be still and just immerse into the flow of creation. 

And above all, I found I was no longer concerned with how I might mess something up if I didn't know exactly how it might turn out. 

From all of this Art of Play was born...

an outreach to help others find this relief in a too-stressful and too-busy world. I know others need this same relief I've been able to find so I dug into the steps of what I actually do in my playful artwork and turned them into an easy-to-follow and easy-to-implement workshop. 


Comments

Popular Posts